Thursday, January 1, 2009

Got Health Insurance?

Thank God 2008 is over! I don't even want to mention it again. Here we are the first day of the new year, and we had to call ambulance for my husband, so he could go to the hospital and be torchered by the Parkland Public Health System!!!!!!! The EMT's on the ambulance saved him from having a heart attack, by spraying nitro under his tongue. But Parkland Hospital, the County Hospital, is going to give him a heart attack! They don't clean the rooms unless there are puddles of blood. Unless of course you have insurance other than theirs or medicaid. You have to have fancy smancy insurance in order to get good care. I am not just basing this on my husband. I know about 5 people who have been hospitalized there. Two I'm sure would have died if they stayed. One was my mother, who was taken there by ambulance, we never found out what was wrong with her, but she was in Parkland Hospital for 21 days. The first week she had no bodily function, just layed in the bed thrashing. I won't go into the detail, but they gave her a heart attack, while she was in the hospital. The Dr , more or less admitted it, then she went to the ICU, they are actually good people in there. They make you all better, so that you can go back to the floor and let the incompetent people not tend to you. While in the ICU, my mom started regaining her bodily function, and returning to almost normal. But once she was on the floor again, out of the ICU. It seemed she would get worse. She left Against Medical Advise 7 days out of the ICU. She sat up in her bed and told them what for! Yeah Mom! She used her own wheel chair and got the heck out of there. She said if she had stayed they would have surely killed her. She if fine today, probably because she left.

I had a friend that went to the ER at Parkland, because she was 8 1/2 months pregnant and having menstrual bleeding. They told her it was nothing go home. The next day she went to her regular prenatal clinic visit, and they rushed her back to Parkland Memorial in an ambulance because her placenta was splitting in half and her and her baby were fixing to die. The clinic called and griped out the people in the ER that sent her home, well the next day, after her emergency C section, a nurse came in her room and told her that she almost killed her own baby and herself from doing too much while she was pregnant. I really want to change the name of this blog to "I HATE PARKLAND MEMORIAL HOSPITAL!"

People say "It must be a great hospital, that's where they took Kennedy!" , Hello! Kennedy Died! , I know this isn't a good example , as his skull was in his wifes hands. But I guess I have expressed my issue. Parkland Hospital is the most horrible hospital I personally and people I know have ever experience. If you have good insurance, I am here to warn you, go somewhere else! But then again, you would probably be treated alright, cuz you got insurance.

1 comment: